Articles of Interest
- I Have HIV and I Want You to Know It
- Surprising Insights
- HIV+ Children Can Be Adopted
- You Can't Be Afraid To Love
- AIDS and Me
- An HIV Adoption Story
- Americans Adopting HIV+ Kids From Ethiopia
- Extremely Detailed Article on HIV in Children (care/nutrition, etc)
- A Mother's Essay
- Adopting a Girl, Breaking a Stigma
- The Reality of HIV in Children (Not as Bad as You Think!)
- HIV in Children
- Young Adults Who Have Lived Their Whole Lives With HIV
- Can You Be A Nurse If You Have HIV?
- Legal Issues for People with HIV
- I Have HIV
- My Child Has HIV And You Don't Know It
- A Guide to Coping with HIV/AIDS
- Mother of 2 Talks about Decision to Adopt a Child with AIDS
Links to Educate and Assist
Encouraging, educating and enabling families adopting children with HIV/AIDS. -- Printable Fact Sheets:
Equality for Adopted Children, advocates on behalf of children adopted into American families and their adoptive families. EACH seeks to work with Congress, the White House, and government agencies to promote adoption policies and legislative changes that will ensure that adopted children of American families have the very same rights and opportunities granted to children born into American families.
Advocating for orphans with HIV. Bethany's goal is to assist people who are interested in helping HIV positive oprhans find families. Her site is an ENOURMOUS resource! Check it out!
- Children's Home Society Webinar on Adopting Children with HIV (presented by Traci Heim)
Be sure to check out Project HOPEFUL for valuable information about the adoption of kids with HIV.